- Art (436)
- Asperger's (32)
- Blogging (9)
- China and the Han (9)
- eBay (3)
- Education (91)
- Fiction (28)
- Geography (27)
- History (37)
- Humor (46)
- Life (357)
- Mandalas (121)
- Mathematics (1,208)
- Mental Health (72)
- Music (43)
- Mysteries (16)
- Politics (119)
- Quotations (64)
- Religion (58)
- Satire (10)
- Science and Scientists (120)
- Follow RobertLovesPi.net on WordPress.com
Most-Viewed Posts, Recently:
- Congratulations! We’ve Survived One Year of President Trump.
- Fiftystar: My 2018 Birthday Star
- A Variant of the Icosidodecahedron Featuring Four Hexagons
- A Variant of the Rhombicosidodecahedron Featuring Four Hexagons
- A Miscellany of Polyhedra with Icosidodecahedral Symmetry
- Slowly Rotating Hypercube
- Two Facetings of the Truncated Dodecahedron
- A Faceted Truncated Icosahedron
- An Easy Way to Find a Better President
- Calvin and Trump
Explore RobertLovesPi By Topic
- geometrical art
- Golden Ratio
- mathematical art
- op art
- rhombic dodecahedron
- rhombic triacontahedron
- snub dodecahedron
- truncated icosahedron
- 277,554 hits
Tag Archives: truncated icosahedron
This is one of many possible facetings of the truncated icosahedron. I made it using Stella 4d, which you can try for yourself at this website: http://www.software3d.com/Stella.php.
I made this precious-metal version of the truncated icosahedron using Stella 4d, a program which is available here: http://www.software3d.com/Stella.php.
There is one truncated icosahedron at the center of this cluster, and each of its 32 faces is augmented with another truncated icosahedron, for a total of 33. I built this cluster using Stella 4d, software available here.
While the polyhedron above, informally known as the “soccer ball,” has icosidodecahedral symmetry, its coloring-scheme does not. Instead, I colored the faces in such a way that the coloring-scheme has pyritohedral symmetry — the symmetry of a standard volleyball. This … Continue reading
I put these two polyhedra together using Stella 4d: Polyhedron Navigator. If you’d like to try this program yourself, for free, this website is the one to visit: http://www.software3d.com/Stella.php.
I made this using Stella 4d: Polyhedron Navigator, software available here.
I made these faceted polyhedra, both facetings of the truncated icosahedron, using Stella 4d, software available here.