There are no guarantees regarding future years.
- Obtain nine ten-sided dice, as seen above.
- Use them, one at a time, to generate nine random digits, in order.
- Check to see if a living person has that Social Security Number.
- If so, check to see if the person is eligible, under the Constitution, for the office of president.
- If they are, inaugurate them at once, before they have time to get away.
- If no president has yet been selected, return to step 2.
The chances of getting anything worse than what we’ve got now are essentially zero.
Presented with apologies to Bill Watterson.
It really works. I encourage everyone to try this themselves.
There. Now, if I ever start an independent country, I’ll at least have a new flag ready.
If you’d like to join this part of the resistance, here’s a link to the ACLU, right here.